When it comes to learning a trade skill, there are several options.
Many skilled trades paths include an apprenticeship. Apprenticeships are different from internships in several ways:
1) Most apprenticeships are between 1-3 years.
2) They are usually structured.
3) It includes a mentorship
4) Apprenticeships are paid positions!
5) They have an industry recognized credential.
6) Apprenticeships often count as college credit.
Learn more about apprenticeship options here: https://secure.doli.state.mn.us/apprenticeshipsponsor/